Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thank You for Investing on Purpose

Not a blog this time, just a thank you to everyone who supported Crossroads by sponsoring me, Ofir and Erez in the Jerusalem marathon last Friday by Investing on Purpose.

This is what we looked like afterwards:


Lest you think it was easy to get these medals, let me point out that you need to actually extend you arm and receive one after finishing the 10K race. If this sounds easy, you clearly have never seen what the streets of Jerusalem look like. I am not sure how they did it, but the hills actually got steeper as you were running on them.

In fact, I am fairly certain that there were cars abandoned at the beginning of kilometer 7 because they were not able to make it up the hill. Quite possibly, I observed several runners with snappling gear who made their way to the top.

The most disturbing part of this was that there were actually people sprinting on these hills, I mean at speeds like 12 km/hour and faster. I think these people need to undergo mandatory DNA testing to verify that they are in fact human.

In any case, as to be expected, Ofir pretty much won the race, with Erez just behind him. I, on the other hand, finished in 1:04, which places me 1,224 in my division of 1,865. I like to think of this as the 65th percentile, although not necessarily in a good way. Alternatively, you could say that I placed 3,381 of all 7,464 runners in the 10K. This would squarely put me in the top half, and we simply need to ignore the fact as many as 2,000 people who are not men between the ages of 20 and 39 ran right passed me.

But most importantly, we had a great time, and we raised just over $1,000 for Crossroads. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations - you now get the target compensation award for this year in the new performance management system :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you meet Ron M. and interview for the JPost columnist role?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do those medals taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that it tastes much like the snow at the top of Mount Everest, just with a bit more climbing.

      Delete
    2. Does that imply the American bond market is frozen like the top of Mt. Zion?

      Delete